Are you ready to commit some Random Acts of Business Kindness? Our Kindness Kit is full of ideas and downloads for you to use to spread kindness in and through your business, your workplace or in general. Help yourself – and help make a difference.
Click here for kit downloads
7 Days of Kindness, 7 Ways of Kindness
1. Be kind to yourself
It’s just as important to show yourself kindness as it is to show it to others:
- Eat a healthy meal.
- Exercise, go for walks, or at the very least, stretch.
- Take breaks.
- Slow down.
- Strive for work/life balance.
- Start and end each day by writing down three things you’re grateful for.
2. Appreciate your team and/or co-workers
It’s Business 101 — a caring business culture that includes kindness toward employees produce positive results for a company overall. Here are some ideas for reaching out:
- Post a Kindness Card to their facebook or Instagram page. Make it personal by adding your own message to the post.
- Print out these note cards and leave a handwritten note of appreciation or support on someone’s desk, in the break room, on the water cooler… You get the idea.
- Share overheard compliments.
- Encourage life/work balance.
- Launch a meditation program at work.
3. Thank your clients and/or customers
Kindness for clients and customers? Absolutely! Consider:
- Post this Kindness Card or this one to a client’s facebook or Instagram page — or to yours. Make it personal by adding your own message to the post.
- Print out these note cards and mail them a handwritten note.
- Recommend their services to others.
- Acknowledge them in a quick “spotlight” post or email “shout-out.”
4. Don’t forget your vendors
Hopefully, you’re fortunate to have at least one go-to vendor that you can always count on. If so, show your appreciation with one of these tips:
- Post this Kindness Card to their facebook or Instagram page. Make it personal by adding your own message to the post.
- Pop a handwritten note in the mail to them – or send it along with your next payment.
- Recommend them to others.
- Write a glowing review.
5. Acknowledge a mentor
Reach out to someone who has made a difference in your life:
- Post a Kindness Card to their Instagram or facebook page. Add your own message for a personal touch.
- Let them know, with a handwritten note, the impact they’ve had in your life.
- Better yet, pick up the phone and tell them.
6. Support someone else’s dream
Here are ways to be a cheerleader for someone else:
- Post this on their facebook or Instagram page with a note of support.
- Snail mail a handwritten a note of encouragement.
- Give them a copy of your favorite inspirational book.
- Contribute to a GoFundMe, Kickstarter or other “get-going” campaign.
7. Kindness for your community
Whether it’s a community entity or the people in your community that you encounter throughout your day, your kindness can make a difference. Don’t forget to encourage your team’s participation:
- Put your phone down and be truly present with the people you encounter throughout the day.
- Donate samples, overruns and extras to people and/or organizations that could benefit. Or donate your services. Organize a company food drive, book drive, blood drive…
- Pick up litter – it doesn’t have to be a concentrated effort. If everyone just picked up litter along their path throughout the day, they improve the world and inspire others.
- Shop local.
- Write a quick note of thanks, draw a smiley face, or leave a larger than usual tip on your next lunch or dinner bill.
Seven days… more than seven ways. Be kind. Think kind. Act kind. You’ll be glad you did – and so will others.